May 12, 2020
We are disappointed but needing to tell you that Hume has cancelled all camps in June, which obviously includes us. While we were hopeful we could still have camp, Hume’s decision is an understandable one and one we figured they would make.
Our plan is to refund you the entire amount you have already paid. Please give us until June 10 to make that happen. If you haven’t seen a full refund by then or you have any questions about your refund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will keep record of any fundraising your camper has done through us, and they will be able to apply that fundraising money to summer camp at Hume for 2021. Fundraising money will not be carried over beyond summer 2021 and any fundraising done by a camper who doesn’t go to camp next year will be placed into our general camp fund and distributed to other campers as our camp leadership deems best.
We are retaining all the spots our church has for week one for next year at Hume, but if Hume is open for any later weeks this year and someone wants to try to go as an individual, you are welcome to pursue that on your own. Proverbs 13:12 says that hope deferred makes the heart sick, so we certainly understand the sense of disappointment this news brings. At the same time, Psalm 115:3 reminds us that God is in heaven and he does all that he pleases. We pray you and your students will be able to trust God and even learn more about his character through these challenging times. We pray for you all and continue to look for ways to help you as a family know the God of the Gospel, grow towards greater likeness to Christ, and walk in the Spirit.
Pastor David for our entire Hume Camp team
May 1, 2020
I wanted to give you an update as it relates to Hume Lake summer camp this year.
As of today, camp is still planned and scheduled for June 7-13. However, because information from the state of California is still becoming available for large gatherings, and because we are the first week of Hume’s summer program, there still remains the possibility of cancellation.
We have been in communication with Hume and they will make an official call on our camp week by the middle of May. We understand that this would only be a few weeks away from the start of camp and wanted to allow you to plan for your family.
As a reminder, Hume has already communicated that should camp get cancelled, full refunds will be issued. The $200 deposits were due April 15 and the final balances will be due May 18. If you haven’t yet made your $200 deposit and would like to wait and make it at the same time as the final payment, please email email@example.com.
Hume has been providing updated information directly to campers and families on their website here: https://hume.org/health-announcements/. We realize that questions remain regarding payment information and the safety of your children should camp continue. When more information is available we will pass it along.
Of course, our hope and prayer is that camp would still continue as planned, but we trust God’s sovereign control and ultimate plan. We ask that you continue to pray for the leaders of our state, Hume Lake, and our church as we try to plan and lead during this time.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued prayers!
Pastor of Student Ministries
Questions about registration, payments, or finances contact Sarah at: email@example.com