The Work of the Ministry
The Work of the Ministry
by Pastor David
Seven years ago Grace Church officially began. For seven years, God has been graciously growing and shaping us. God uses means like His Word, prayer, and fellowship to grow us, and so while we ought to be grateful for the past we ought also to look to the future for faithful ministry and growth. Below is a list of ministries that you can grow in as we enter a new ministry year. Let’s pray that God will grow us all the ways He wants to as we move into year eight!
1. Men’s Equippers. When: Wednesdays, 6:00 am | Where: George Jackson’s Rec Room (2401 Ave. 396, Kingsburg) | What: A Bible study for any man, men’s equippers is currently studying through the book of Romans together. | Key leaders: Scott Ardavanis and Greg Jackson
2. Women’s Ministries. When: Ladies’ Breakfast Fellowship, second Saturday of every month, 9:00 am | Where: Gail Jackon’s (3468 Ave. 408, Kingsburg) | What: A morning of fellowship and food for any and all ladies. | Key leaders: Gail Jackson and Val Gaddy | What else: Beginning in October, a ladies’ Bible study on discipleship. Please call Lori (859-4008), Denise (269-4316), Lynette (859-3779), or Patty ((661) 904-6877). Also, Christmas and Spring brunches!
3. Explorers. When: Sunday nights, Oct. 5-Nov. 9, 6:00 pm | Where: Jeff and Renee Spomer’s (5600 Benicia Ave, Kingsburg) | What: A night of fun and Bible study for boys and girls in 4-6th grades | Key leaders: Jeff and Renee Spomer; Brent and Erin Lunde
4. Reality. When: Sunday nights, Oct. 5-Nov. 9, 6:30 pm | Where: Dan and Amy Jackson’s (3600 Ave. 408, Kingsburg) | What: A night of fun and Bible study for Junior High boys and girls | Key leaders: Dan Jackson
5. Resolved. When: Wednesday nights, Sept. 10-Nov. 19, 7:00 pm | Where: Andy and Becky Muxlow’s (3598 Ave. 408, Kingsburg) | What: A night of fun and Bible study for high school men and women | Key leaders: Andy and Becky Muxlow; Parker and Kaitlin Anderson
6. Upward. When: First and last Fridays every month, 6:30 pm | Where: Jeff and Laura Warkentin’s (41609 Rd. 52, Reedley) | What: Fun, dessert, and Bible study for college-aged adults | Key leaders: Seth and Charlotte Hansen; David and Cathy Morris
7. Grace Groups. When: Southside men, first and third Wednesdays at 6:30 pm; Southside women, second and fourth Wednesdays at 7:00 pm | Where: Jon and Jennifer Blakely’s (711 W. Concord Ave., Visalia) | What: A small group designed to apply Sunday’s message, pray, and enjoy personal accountability | Key leaders: David and Erin Torres; David and Cathy Morris | What else: Fresno and Reedley Grace Group details TBD.
8. Adult Bible Fellowship. When: Sundays at 9:00 am | Where: KHS Board Room | What: A time of teaching and fellowhip, currently the book of 1 Peter | Key leaders: Scott Bucher