Book of the Month: The Treasure Principle
To buy our book of the month from Amazon, ranging in price from $1 used to $10 new, click here.
Randy Alcorn's The Treasure Principle presents a biblical and compelling look at Christian giving. Written in an enjoyably easy to read--if at times slightly cheesy--style, this 92 page book is a gold mine for a Kingdom perspective on treasure.
The "treasure principle" as stated by Alcorn is that "You can't take it with you--but you can send it on ahead." He provides 6 helpful keys to go along with this principle.
- God owns everything. I'm His money manager.
- My heart always goes where I put God's money.
- Heaven, not earth, is my home.
- I should live not for the dot but for the line.
- Giving is the only antidote to materialism
- God prospers me not to raise my standard of living, but to raise my standard of giving.
Like all books this one should be read with discerning questions in mind, such as considering Randy's use of Old Testament proof texts to argue for a minimum percentage of giving. However, this little book will reinforce the teaching of Matthew 6 in your mind and packs a powerful punch through probing application and biblical principles.
We highly recommend this book and hope you will take the time to read it and further consider God's will for your wealth.