March 16, 2020 - 5:00 pm
We pray you are doing well during this trying time! To keep up with how the Coronavirus is impacting our church ministries, please continue to check this page as well as the church calendar. If you have any needs or questions about a specific ministry, please contact a ministry leader below.
Equipping Classes - Cancelled
Worship Service - Livestream only during March
Student Ministries - Will not meet the month of March
Reality Retreat - Cancelled
Rangers - Postponed until further notice
Girls of Grace - Will resume in the Fall
Grace Group - Nagle - Taking one month off
Women of Grace - Will not meet the month of March
1824 (ages 18-24)
Evangelism & Outreach
Girls of Grace
Grace Group - Clovis
Grace Group - Fresno
Grace Group - Kingsburg
Grace Group - Kingsburg
Grace Group - Spanish Speakers
Grace Group - Reedley
Grace Group - Tulare
Grace Group - Visalia
Grace Group - Visalia Women's
Women of Grace
March 13, 2020 - 6:00 pm
Dear GCV family,
We have an update regarding our response to COVID-19:
Beginning this Sunday, March 15, we will not meet in person but will be livestreaming our Worship Service through the end of March (or until further notice).
- NO Equipping Classes
- Worship Service Livestream Only - 10:30 am
- Tri-Tip Fundraiser (drive thru pick up) – 12:00-1:00 pm
You can go to graceofthevalley.org/live to enjoy our normal worship service, including preaching from Pastor Scott and music. We encourage you to sing and participate with your families at home. Additionally, online giving is available here gcv.ccbchurch.com/goto/giving and the church office will be open during the week if you need to drop off your offering.
Our elders have met together and will continue to pray about how best to shepherd you and be a blessing to our community. We want to love our neighbors well and be wise in living out our mission to glorify God by exalting the Savior, equipping the saints, and extending the kingdom. The best way to do that with what we currently know is to abide by the public health directives from our local and state authorities.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact an elder at Grace Church of the Valley.
Tri-Tip Fundraiser: Please keep in mind that our summer camp tri-tip fundraiser is still happening and you can pick up your pre-paid meals this Sunday (3/15) starting at 12:00 pm at GCV. There are also 40 meals still available for purchase!
Other Ministries: Ministry leaders will be in communication with you during the next week regarding their specific areas of ministry.
- CDC: cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
- GCV: graceofthevalley.org/covid-19
- The Gospel Coalition: thegospelcoalition.org/article/what-we-know-coronavirus/
Grace Church of the Valley Elders
“fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” - Isaiah 41:10 (ESV)
March 12, 2020 - 5:30 pm
Dear GCV family,
We are aware of the ongoing public health concern regarding COVID-19. As followers of Jesus, we need not let fear or hysteria drive our thinking. At the same time, we want to love our neighbors well and be wise in living out our mission to glorify God by exalting the Savior, equipping the saints, and extending the kingdom.
At the time of this email, we are planning to hold Equipping Classes and our Sunday Worship Service until further notice. We will update this webpage as necessary: graceofthevalley.org/covid-19
We worship the sovereign God of the universe, and know that his perfect love drives out fear (1 John 4:18). Our best response is always to pursue his glory, moving forward in faith, wisdom, and love.
If you are at all uncomfortable attending church during this peak time of concern or if you are an at-risk member (over 60 years of age, people who have serious chronic medical conditions like heart disease, diabetes, and lung disease), please stay home and tune in to our Livestream at livestream.com/gcv.
For now, in an effort to love one another and our neighbors well, and also to protect those in our church family who may be more susceptible to illness, we plan to take some extra precautions and would ask you to do the same. These are some of the steps we are planning to take:
- We are increasing cleaning frequencies of restrooms, classrooms, and surfaces around the GCV facilities.
- We encourage you to greet one another with joy but as much as possible do so without handshakes or hugs for the time being.
- You may wish to wash your hands (20-seconds!) upon arrival and upon returning home.
- We also encourage you to remember what has come to be known as “social distancing.” Our present attendance at GCV allows us to spread throughout the sanctuary without much difficulty. Respect those around you, perhaps by avoiding seating yourself directly next to other worshippers you do not have normal day-to-day contact with.
- In lieu of passing our offering plates, we will have offering baskets located in the back of the Worship Center by the exits.
- If you are ill or in a high-risk segment of the population and have been advised to stay at home, please join us via Livestream at livestream.com/gcv.
The Center for Disease Control reminds us of the best habits to prevent the spread of any virus:
- If you or your loved ones are ill with flu-like symptoms (fever, shortness of breath, and coughing), please stay home and contact a physician.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow when coughing or sneezing.
- Respecting others, refrain from shaking hands or hugging others in public.
- The federal government is encouraging individuals to avoid Coronavirus-affected areas. You can learn more about travel advisories here.
We will strive to maintain the cleanest possible environments for the children. We will continue to thoroughly clean thoroughly between each gathering, and we are doing deep cleanings and disinfecting the rooms. Decisions regarding future children’s ministries will be informed by our local school systems’ processes.
Keep your child home until they are 24 hours free of
- Fever – without the use of medicine
- Shortness of breath
- Strep throat
If your child becomes ill with any of the previously mentioned symptoms, or if you have been exposed to the Coronavirus, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
If we need to cancel or postpone events or gatherings in the future because of the spread of illness in our area, we are prepared to do so. If we find it prudent to take those steps, we will make the necessary accommodations to stay connected remotely.
Remember that these circumstances bring about a call to prayer. Pray for:
- healing for those affected
- protection and peace for those living in anxiety
- wisdom for governmental authorities and agencies
- energy and protection for health care workers
- believers and missionaries in nations where pandemic conditions are already in full force
These troubling times represent a real opportunity to share with those around us the hope we have in Christ. Remember that that hope is only in the "Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God" (2 Corinthians 1:3, 4).
For now, we look forward to gathering with you all this Sunday!
Grace Church of the Valley Elders
March 12, 2020 - 10:30 am
The Grace Church of the Valley elder team will be meeting today to discuss plans for corporate worship and other ministries in the next few days and weeks. Please pray for them today!
People are hurting, confused, and afraid around us which gives us an opportunity to be true salt and light in a world of darkness. This is our time to lead people to the "Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." (2 Corinthians 1:3-4).
We will work hard to keep this page up to date and helpful for you as you continue to be an ambassador for Christ in a world that is in dire need of hope today!